Sunday 1 April 2012

Work Experience

I have been really lucky so far with how much work experience I have been able to get at the studios so far. This is an article I was in for the UCA website talking about my work experience with Take Me Out and Frank Skinner.http://ucreative.ac.uk/article/35724/Students-gain-major-TV-experience

The programmes I have worked on:

Take Me Out


This was a days work experience where I was able to watch the rehearsals and chat to some of the crew to find out what other shows they had done and how they got into the industry. I also helped to prepare for the show by doing different admin jobs. I was able to get alot of in site into what goes into a big production like Take Me Out and was able to get some good career advice from people who have been in my position.
Frank Skinner's Opinionated


This was a proper runner job where I had to look after the crew and the celebrity guests as well as setting up the dressing rooms and doing any tasks the production team needed me to do. I really enjoyed this job it was hard work running around all day but it was good fun.
Biggest Loser UK



With this job I was helping out in the studios preparing for the show by doing different admin tasks. I also worked with the production team helping them to look after the contestants and audience once the show had finished.

The Store with JML

For this job I was supposed to be a cable bash which I did do quite a lot of but I also got the chance to go into the gallery and do some logging as well as working with the runners to help prepare products and look after the audience and crew.

Each production has been completely different and I have different roles to play on each and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all and it has just given me a little taste of whats in store for my future. I am going to try and gain as much work experience as I can especially over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment