Saturday 25 August 2012

Big Brother

This summer I have been working on the live Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother Live eviction shows as an office runner.

My duties were:
Keeping the office tidy and emptying the bins regularly
Making sure everyone involved in the show had up to date running orders, schedules and scripts
Signing talk backs in and out
Making sure everyone had lunch and dinner tokens and going out to get food for those who needed it
Keeping the live office table stocked up with drinks and snacks so that the crew could help themselves when every they came in for anything.
I had to setup the meeting room every live day for the script meeting
I had to do regular tea runs

I have really enjoyed my experience especially the days when I got to be a stand in and live out my dream of walking down the catwalk to get interviewed by Brian and then walking up the stairs and stepping into the house.

I have learnt alot from my experience on Big Brother and I have made alot of contacts and been able to talk to people in all different departments of the show. I also found it really interesting talking to the runners and seeing what they want to do in the future. It was funny to think that we are all starting off in the same job but there is so many different career paths people want to take from some people wanting to be camera operators to others wanting to be presenters. It was also good for me to see how people have moved up the ladder already going from runner to header runner to researcher in under a year.

The experience has made me excited about my future as there is so many different avenues open to me its just deciding now which one I want to take.

I've still got 3 more shifts left on Celebrity Big Brother and then I'm finished. I will miss being part of a big production like that and of course the people but I am not going to miss the long journey especially in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see that you have gained some insight into this sort of big fact-ent production. Observational with multi cameras creates a hell of a lot of post production work in particular - I imagine they have teams working on this round the clock. Use your blog to evidence your learning and address the sort of content needed for the report.

    ReplyDelete