Friday 3 August 2012

Networking on Big Brother

On Big Brother I networked with alot of people and as I was in the Live office all the time I spent alot of time with the producers, script writers, researchers, production co-ordinators, the production manager, the production secretary as well as the other runners. I spent alot of time talking to the researchers, runners, production co-ordinators and secretary and learnt how people got into their jobs, what path they were on and where they wanted to end up. I didn't spent too much time talking to the producers and script writers as they were always very stressed and busy. I also spent time talking to the guys doing the editing and watching what they were doing. I also spent time talking to the on site medic and the health and safety officer and found out what their jobs entailed as they were both roles that I had never come across on out little projects.

I spent alot of time talking to the other runners and it was interesting to hear about what direction everyone wanted to go in. We were all doing the same job and starting off in the same position but everyone seemed to want to go off in a different direction, some people wanted to be camera ops where as others want to become producers or directors. I spoke to a few of the the runners and told them that I was interested in casing and one of them suggested that I ask to work on BOTS helping find the audience. I think I might try and do this but time is running out, I will definitely try and get on the audition tour next year and try and work with the casting team on that as I think it will be really interesting to see how they whittle down the thousands of applicants to the little group of people who actually enter the house.

I have made some really good contacts on this project and I will definitely continue to talk to people to try and get even more of an understanding into what goes into a massive production like Big Brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment