Wednesday 26 September 2012

Leigh and Zoe's Wedding - Editing

We are nearly done editing the video now. We all took different sections and edited them separately and then at the end we will stick them all together and present it on a nice DVD so that it is something for Leigh and Zoe to keep forever.
 
I decided to take the ceremony as my section as I thought it has a alot of coverage and would be easy to edit. I was wrong. This section is about 35 minutes long so it has taken me along time and in sections there is alot of camera movement but there is nothing I can do about that. I have done the best with the footage we had and I think it actually looks pretty good. In the beginning I found it really hard to edit as none of the sound was synced up and so when I was cutting the clips didn't match up but as soon as all the sound was sorted it was easier to cut and it started to come together.
 
Today I sorted out the sound so that it was the best quality it can be. On the day we put a radio mic on the vicar and so this is the sound I use through out as it was on record the whole time but when the congregation are singing the hymns I up the sound from one of the other cameras so that you can hear everyone singing and not just the vicar.
 
The only thing I need to do now is colour correction so that all of the clips look the same colour wise and fit together nicely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment