Tuesday 29 January 2013

Dissertation: Tutorial with Chris

Today I had my first tutorial about my dissertation with Chris I went in there with 2 ideas and he really helped me decide what I want to talk about.
My 2 ideas were:
  1. How violence in films effect children
  2. Comparing film remakes to original
We decided to go down the film remakes route and as I said I was interested in looking at things being adapted for different formats and being introducing to a new audience. I said that one example I had thought of was comparing Charlie's Angels the television show to the 2000 film. Chris liked this and said to me what about looking at how women are represented in the original version compared to the adaptation. I liked this idea and Chris helped me to think about the structure of the dissertation and what I had to include in each section.

Intro
Paragraph 1 - History of remakes and adaptations in which women are prominent.
Paragraph 2 - Representation of women
                       Look at  - Ideology in remakes
                                      Feminism
                                      Gender in film
                                      Stereotypes
                                      Laura Mulvey
Paragraph 3 - Case Studies 2 to 4 examples applying the theory to the examples
Conclusion

I took everything Chris said on board and got out lots of books from the library which I thought would help me with my research. I will start off by having a look through them and make notes on important points.

No comments:

Post a Comment