Sunday 24 November 2013

Producer Questions

To help with my report I decided to try and get in contact with some producers working in the industry and try and find out if the producer role I had taken on was similar to the role of a producer in the industry.
I made a list of production companies I liked and would want to work for in the future and I gave each one a ring and told them what I was doing and to see if they could help me. By ringing the companies first, rather than just emailing the company email address which I found online, I was able to get more direct email addresses and it prepared the people to receive the email.
I sent a letter with my questions to explain to producers what I was doing. For each company I personalized the letter to explain why I was specifically targeting them. I explained what shows of theirs I liked and wanted to find out more about.


I was a bit disappointed withe the amount of replies as out of the 18 company's I contacted only 3 came back with replies and they weren't producers who had worked on a show I had mentioned in my email. None the less the answers I got were very helpful and made me realise that my role on the 3 projects had been very similar to the role of a producer in the industry and it gave me great information to include in my report.

No comments:

Post a Comment