Thursday 16 February 2012

Jabberwocky Adaptations

I've had a look on Youtube at some Jabberwocky adaptations to help understand the poem more and give me inspiration on how I can adapt the text. These 2 versions are similar in some ways and very different in others. They are both set in forests and the tone is quite creepy. This is also the kind of feeling I want to create in my adaptation and I was also thinking about shooting it in the woods.

My initial idea was to have technology being the beast (the Jabberwocky) in the story. I would begin the video with a teenager on their laptop listening to their ipod and reading the "Jabberwocky" as homework and then they would fall asleep and we would go into their dream. They would be in the woods with technology all around them and at the end we would see them wake up and turn off their technology and go and play outside. I like this idea but I need to develop it further so that there is a proper story and figure out a way to make it creepy and maybe have another character in it saying the poem.
I'll carry on thinking and see what I can come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment