Tuesday 23 April 2013

Production Concept: Filming






The weather was great and I woke up really early so that I knew I was prepared for the day ahead. I always   dread going out to film but as soon as I get out there and start doing it I do actually start to enjoy it especially when I start ticking off my shot list.

Maddie, Nikki and I all arrived in London at 12 and headed straight to Buckingham palace to get some some London establishing shots. We then walked and got shots of Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and the London Eye as well as getting shots of buses, taxis and phone boxes to really show off iconic London.

After this we headed to Trafalgar Square to meet up with the presenters.

The presenters were really amazing today and very professional and where they shoot some of their own things they were helping me out when I had issues or giving me suggestion on what I could film and make my film look better. They knew the script really well and changed a few things around to make it seem a bit more natural which I was more than happy with.

The only problem I had was the height difference between my 2 presenters but we tried to disguise this issue in a few shots where we could.

We worked our way through the script and we manged to have everything apart from the event filmed by 5 so I allowed the presenters to go off and for Nikki and Maddie to have a break whilst I went off and got a few cutaways. I made sure that I asked permission from every stall owner as some of them were a bit funny about me filming. We met at the Abbey Tavern at 7 and filmed the end links and GV's and establishing shots of the pub before the event started and then we managed to film a few acts and get our interview with the event organiser.

I wrapped the presenters at about 9 and we didn't leave too much later.

I am really happy with how today went I just need to wait until tomorrow to get all my footage on the computer so I can see what it really looks like and sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment