Thursday 11 July 2013

Back To Work After a Short Break

Today me, Maddie, Dean and Dan had a meeting to discuss what we wanted to do for our final major project. I knew that I didn't want to write or direct anything and so I thought there would be no point me coming up with an idea. I am much more interested in producing and so I decided to listen to each of their ideas and decide which ones I wanted to work on. I knew that I wouldn't be able to produce all 3 but also I knew it would be a tough decision to decide who's projects to work on as they are all my really good friends and I wanted to help them all out.

Maddie presented her idea of a pilot episode for a new teen comedy drama based around a girl at school who's parents have recently split up. The story would follow the girl and her friends planning for the back to school disco and obsessing over boys as well as the girl finding out her mother was dating again and the man she was dating just happened to be her history teacher. 

I liked this idea as I knew exactly what Maddie wanted to achieve and I knew that we would work well together.

Dan's idea was based on love letters his uncle had sent during the war. His idea was for him to direct a short film about a couple sending love letters during WW2. The couple would be sending letters but then the women would suddenly stop receiving letters from her sweetheart and begin to worry. At the same time she would start up a romance with a local boy but when the man from war turns up one day she is forced to make a choice between the two men.

I really liked this idea as I have never done anything like it before and I knew that as it would be a costume piece that it would be a real challenge to make the film look authentic and as it is my final project at uni I need to try and push and challenge myself.

Dean's idea was to write a pilot episode for a new comedy drama based in an office. It would follow the main protagonist competing for a job promotion against the office sweetheart and the office nob.

I did like Dean's idea but whilst talking to him I realised that there wasn't really a big enough role for me to take on as her already knew some of the cast he wanted, where he wanted to shoot which came with all of the relevant props and costumes, hair and make up would all be sorted by the cast. I will support Dean and give him and contacts or advice/help he needs but I will not be able to produce the whole thing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment