Thursday 18 July 2013

Starting on Maddie's idea

So I have begun working on Maddie's idea. As Maddie's idea involves cast members who are still of school age it will be hard to cast during the school holidays and so I am going to leave the majority of casting until the beginning of September.

With Maddie's idea she only wants to write the episode and take on the production secretary role in the production and so I need to find a director, an editor and some camera people to be involved in the project. She also wants the program to be quite animated and graphicy and so I am trying decide who I would need to add graphics on top of the piece. I am still unsure if it would be an animator, a graph designer or an illustrator but I will talk to a few different people to help me decide.

I have created a Star Now advert to get crew involved and I have also emailed a few people who I have worked with in the past who I thought may be interested in working on this project.

One of the main things I have done so far is to research into the genre to help figure out the style of the show and get inspiration for the title sequence and theme song.

I need to have a production meeting with Maddie to brainstorm a name for this show and to get the rest of the character profiles so that I can begin casting the adult roles.

At the moment I feel like I have things under control but I will feel more confident when we have the big things like cast, locations and crew set in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment