Monday 16 September 2013

If I Was King - My Role

At our inital meeting where Maddie, Dan and Dean pitched their ideas to me I decided that producing 3 projects would be too much for me and so only decided to take on Dan and Maddie's idea and to help Dean out with contacts and casting. As time has gone on I have taken on more of a producer role on Dean's as I could see Maddie and Dan's ideas coming together but I couldn't see the same happening to Dean's. I thought that as I was crewing and casting for Dan's and Maddie's that I could add Dean's needs to the list very easily and so I began doing the same for him. Also as I created a schedule and a list of things to include in the package for Dan and Maddie's projects I already had a template there and therefore created the same for Dean's. This is where my role became confusing.

My role therefore changed from someone who was casting and helping with contacts to an assistant producer. I realized that I was taking on an assistant producer role as I began casting, crewing and scheduling things but I didn't want any part in the decision making of the project, I wanted it all to be Dean's work.

I will continue to do my best to help him and do a great job as an assistant producer on If I Was King.

No comments:

Post a Comment