Tuesday 17 September 2013

Totally Maisy - Casting

Today I started casting for Totally Maisy. I began by making a spreadsheet of local drama schools and performing arts colleges. I rang them all up individually and explained what I was I doing and asked if they would be able to help me with casting. They were all really nice and they gave me direct email addresses so that I could forward all of my casting information over to them.

I also decided to contact prestigious London based performing art schools as well like RADA and Britt School to see if they would help me as I want my cast to be as professional and talented as possible.

I also made a list of teen acting agencies and contacted them to see if they would be able to help me. Many of them where less helpful as I am not able to pay travel expenses. There were 2 agencies that were helpful and offered to pass on my details to certain actors and actresses they thought would be right for the part so that they could get in touch with my directly and therefore keep costs down as the agency would not be putting much work in other than passing on my details.

We will set up auditions for the for the applicants to try and find an amazing cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment