Wednesday 11 September 2013

If I Was King - Script 1

Today I went through Dean's script for the first time and made suggestions on how it could improved. The main improvement I suggested was to speed everything up. It was all very wordy and I felt like there needed to be more action in it. The only scene which needed the opposite doing to it was the final scene. I felt Sophie forgives Jamie to quickly and if Dean wanted this to be plausible that he needed to make it more obvious that Sophie and Jamie liked each other from the beginning. I also went through and corrected any grammar and spelling mistakes I could see and reworded any bits which I thought sounded unnatural.

I am hoping that Dean takes on some of my feedback to help improve the script as I think this changes will definitely improve the story and make the show alot faster passed and therefore able to fit in nicely with the other Channel 4 programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment