Saturday 21 September 2013

Love Always - First Shoot

Today the main section of the film we wanted to get shot was the falling in love montage between Frank and Mary. We had to get these shots today as we were planning to film at the salute to the 40's event at Chatham Dockyard.




Before we went to this event we had planned to film 2 scenes. One was where Frank takes the first letter from Mary and the other was when Mary posts her final letter to Arthur. We only had time to film one of these scenes in the end as there was so much traffic and we were trying to film around the passing cars so that the film was more authentic.


I told Dan that we had to drop the scene with Mary on her own as we did not have time to shoot it as it was already 2:30 and we needed to get to Chatham to film before the event ended at 5.

When we got to the location I was blown away by how perfect the location was. As it was a salute to the 40's event nearly everyone who attended was in costume and so we had extras that we didn't even have to dress, we had genuine 1940's transport moving in and out of our shots and we had loads of WW2 props available to us. I knew that this was the perfect place to film Frank and Mary's montage but unfortunately for this shoot day I ended up looking after the bags as everyone else needed to be with the action. This put a bit of doubt in my mind about my role but I soon realised that this was a lesson for me. I learnt that on the other shoot days I would need to make sure that there was a production assistant to take care of the smaller jobs so that I could concentrate on producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment