Wednesday 11 September 2013

Update On My Role

After speaking to Simon I understand my role a lot more and I know I need to use this blog to show everything I am doing.

As a producer I have been location scouting, casting and holding auditions, finding appropriate crew and liaising with everyone involved in the project. I have been researching different information for each project to help me make both fit their platform and reflect the time period they are set in. I have been reading through all of the scripts and giving my creative feedback on the parts that I like and those I think need to be changed. I have also been giving creative input in to how I think each project should look including shots, graphics, editing and style.

On Monday, we had our first day back at uni and we had our first meeting with our tutor Simon in which he explained that he did not think the script was ready yet. This panicked us all as we were supposed to be filming in 10 days. Dan was fighting his case on why he thought we should stick to the original dates and Simon was saying why he shouldn't. I listened to both sides and and as a producer I put my point across and persuaded Dan to move the dates. I thought that there was no reason to waste peoples time filming a script which was not quite ready and so it would be better to push the dates back. I could see how  disappointed Dan was but I am sure that he sees it is the best decision in the long run. I could see that he started to panic about the project as we had everything organised for those dates but I reassured him that I would sort it and everything would be ok.

1 comment:

  1. You're quite right Hen it is obvious that we should have moved the dates

    ReplyDelete