Wednesday 6 February 2013

Production Concept: A Very Productive Day

Today I have been very productive. I have started to make a list of things I need to include in my final package and I have decided how I want to present it. Looking at my list is very scary as it looks like so much work but I am hoping that if I carry on being as productive as I have been today that I will be able to tick everything off the list and head closer to that 1st that I so want to achieve.

The main thing I have done today is try and decided what cities I want to visit in my series. I know that I want my series to be a 6 part series with each episode featuring a different city. At the moment I have 8 cities short listed and they are:

  • Amsterdam
  • Paris
  • Barcelona
  • Prague
  • Rome
  • Munich
  • Berlin
  • Swiss Alps

But I also have London which I am thinking of using as my pilot episode but I don't know whether to include this in my 6 episode or have it as and extra one.

Today I have done alot of research on each of the 8 countries listed to try and help me which ones would be the most interesting to visit.



For each city I looked at:

  • What you can do there/ Iconic places you can visit
  • Ways you can travel around the city
  • How to say Hello, Goodbye, Thank you and Cheers
  • What their national delicacies are
  • What I associate with each city
  • What currency they use
This has helped me alot as I can now visualise what aspect of the city I would put in each episode and it has also helped me narrow down my selection of cities slightly. I have decided that there is not enough to talk about with the Swiss Alps plus if I want this to be a program for students on a budget I don't think skiing really fits in with that concept as I know it can be very expensive.

My definites are:

  • Amsterdam
  • Paris
  • Rome
  • Barcelona
  • Berlin
  • and then it is a toss up between Prague and Munich.

I like Munich because I have found alot of fun things to do and it means that all the countries in the series use the euro which could be another selling point but on the other hand do I want 2 German countries in the series when I could visit somewhere else like Prague?

This is something I want to have decided on by the end of the week so that I can move on with my research.

I also need to decided on a format/length for my program by the end of the week so that I am prepared for my tutorial on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment