Monday 11 February 2013

Production Concept: Tutorial With Simon

Today I had a tutorial with Simon and I found it really helpful. At my last tutorial Simon suggested that I should make a pilot. This scared me a bit because I thought I can't make a GOOD half hour or hour pilot for a program I just haven't got the time. I went into my tutorial today thinking that in order for me to make a good pilot I was going to have to make my episodes just 5 minutes long but I still wanted them to be broadcastable on mainstream television. I told Simon this idea and he wasn't keen on me doing 5 minute episodes but at the same time neither was I. I told him my reasons behind this decision and he said that he never expected me to create a half hour or hour pilot but instead to have a 5 minutes taster of the program for example what the first 5 minutes would look like. This made me a lot more relaxed and gave me a few more ideas for my show and it gave me a lot more to work with.

I know that by the end of this week I need to be certain on my format and on the name of my program so I've got quite a bit of work to do before I move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment