Monday 25 February 2013

Production Concept: My Pitch



Slide 1

My show is a 6 part young travel show series with each episode focusing on a different country in Europe.

I found it really hard to name my show as I didn't want to limit my brand to only being in Europe and I didn't want to limit my audience by having Student in the title. I decide upon YOLO: Europe because I can easily change the name of the continent after the colon to create other series and YOLO is a phrase that is very popular with my target audience and it will empower them to go on a once in a life time trip like the one that I am going to try and show them.


Slide 2 

I wanted to make a show which would compete with Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents, Magaluf Weekender and What Happens in Kavos and show young people that there is more to going abroad than just getting drunk with your friends. I want to make and Idiot Abroad/ Keith Lemon's Very Brilliant World Tour kind of show but aimed at a younger audience.

I want to target 16 to 35 year olds as these are the people who are thinking about their first no parents holiday or thinking about their last big trip before settling down or hen and stag do's.

Slide 3

The countries we are going to visit are the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Czech Republic but I might change this one for Switzerland.

Slide 4

I decided I wanted my presenters to be from YouTube because YouTube is such a big part of our culture these days and apart from Rude Tube there is not much convergence between YouTube and television and I want to change that.

I want my presenter to be English so that my audience relate to them more and so I emailed 18 different Youtubers asking if they would get involved. I had 2 get back to me and this was 3 guys who call themselves the Victorious Sponge and a guy called Luke. I really appreciated them both getting back to me but in my head I always imagined 2 presenters who knew each other and had chemistry and obviously Luke is on his own and there are 3 guys who make up the Victorious Sponge. In my head I always wanted Finn and Jack. Jack has his own YouTube channel called Jacks Gap where he makes videos about what he has been doing in his gap year and in some of his videos his twin brother Finn joins in. I really like this pair as they fit my idea really well, they have obvious chemistry and they are funny. These 2 are also part of a YouTube crew and the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of getting their friends involved as well.

Slide 5

I want my show to be on ITV2 because it is "the home of entertainment for young people". I would show my program at 10pm as 9pm is more focused on hour long programs and 10pm is more open to 45 minute and 30 minute shows. I want to create a 30 minute show as I think an hour is to long and I want my show to be quite fast paced and snappy and personally I don't like 45 minute shows as I think they drag on and are an awkward length for when you want to change channel.

Slide 6

I know that I want my show to fit a 30 minute time slot and so by looking on the ITV commissioning website I know that I have to come up with 23 minutes of content which includes 40 seconds worth of sponsorship.

Slide 7

I emailed Outgoing who organise our uni trips, STA who are a student travel company who mainly focus on gap year/ around the world type trips and InterRail who are a company who have connected all the rail lines in Europe together in 1 pass so that you can travel around Europe by rail. InterRail are the only ones who have got back to me and said that they are willing to be my sponsor for my hypothetical show.

Slide 8

These are a list of segments I want to include in my series. Not every episode will include all of the segments but instead they will have a mixture. But they will all have a night out segment as that is a big part of my show.

Slide 9

This is a list of what I want to include in my package. With my marketing I have a bit of collaboration. I would like to package everything together in holiday themed things so having the cast profiles in passports and all my documents in a holiday brochure and all put together in a suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment